Pure Oud Eau de Parfum Refill Bottle
Oud–once considered more precious than gold–hypnotizes with an aromatic resin scent, slightly smoky and balsamic. Deep and animalic, Pure Oud captures the timeless scent of 1001 Arabian Nights, with an ink-dark, velvet quality. Tobacco, bakhoor and immortal absolute ignite nocturnal desires at the opening. Myrrh and cistus essences plus castoreum absolute with its leathery note, draw out desires from the corners of grand palaces and their smoke-filled rooms.
- Key notes: Oud, Saffron, Copahu Balm, Amber, Gaiac Wood, Cypriol, Cistus Labdanum, Myrrh, Animalic Notes.
- Eau de Parfum: Women, Men.
- 50ml, Refill bottle.
- Treat refill as ritual with this 4-piece set, including a 50ml refill of juice, a glass vial with silver-toned spray pump with an additional replacement pump, plus dropper and funnel for ease of use. All housed in an ivory box, enjoy the experience of refilling at home.
- Please note: Whilst we work through a product re-format update, you may receive alternative packaging to that displayed.
- Apply as desired, to pulse points behind your ear, at the bottom of your throat, on your wrist, inside your elbow and/or behind your knee.
Calice Becker was born in France to a pre-revolution Russian immigrant family, from whom she received a love of and reverence for fragrance, art, and traditional craftsmanship. Blessed from an early age with a keen sense of smell and the good taste to accompany it, she entered the largest perfumery school in Grasse, the Roure-Bertrand-Dupont (now the Givaudin Perfumery School). Entering Quest International upon graduation, Becker found herself under the tutelage of the famous Francoise Caron, who encouraged Becker to be a pioneer of a new generation of female noses and creators. Becker responded by creating J’Adore Christian Dior, one of the world’s most beloved and bestselling perfumes.
Never one to limit herself to one world or another, Becker comes onto our radar via her work as the primary nose on most of Kilian Hennessy’s By Kilian line. Though By Kilian features many stunning natural ingredients and rare, expensive distillations, Becker is equally proficient with modern synthetics, as she still creates scents for niche and mass market alike. We would say she doesn’t fit into any mold at all, but we can think of one: master perfumer.
Heir to a long line of cognac makers who were pioneers in luxury, Kilian decided to take up the torch of family tradition. Creating a new luxury brand was definitely a challenge worthy of his predecessors. Many of Kilian’s fragrances today carry this childhood memory as they are reminiscent of the sugar in the alcohol and the wood of the cognac barrels.