The Russian Nights Candle is a captivating olfactory journey that transports you to a night at Café Pushkin, where indulgence takes the form of rich spice cake served alongside steaming black tea from a gleaming silver samovar. Beyond the cafe’s cozy embrace, a winter’s night blankets the streets in a pristine layer of snow, casting an enchanting spell upon the candied spires of Saint Basil’s Cathedral. In this evocative atmosphere, the hauntingly beautiful strains of a babushka’s impassioned song drift through the crisp air, adding a touch of melancholic magic to the scene. The fragrance of this candle is a harmonious blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, iris, and sandalwood, capturing the essence of these northern frosty nights with remarkable finesse.
Frédéric Malle’s candles are more than mere sources of illumination; they are exquisite decorative pieces that double as potent fragrance diffusers. Each candle is a testament to meticulous craftsmanship, with wax specifically tailored to complement the unique fragrance oil. The result is a clean and precisely burning flame, enveloped by a jar characterized by minimalistic elegance—white on the outside and a vibrant red on the inside, all encased in matte porcelain. When ignited, these candles weave a spell that transforms any room into a sanctuary of warmth and comfort, a personal retreat from the world’s chaos.
With the Russian Nights Candle, you invite the romanticism of a winter’s night in Moscow into your home, creating an intimate haven of comfort and nostalgia, where fragrant memories are cherished.
- Key notes: Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Iris, Sandalwood.
- Perfumer: Sophia Grojsman.
- Burning time: 50 hours.
- Vegetal and tallow waxes are used in unique recipes to optimally diffuse each of our scents to their highest olfactory potential.
- Candle wicks should be trimmed on a regular basis to ensure they do not exceed 5mm.
- Scented Candle.
- 220g single-wick candle.
- Place the scented candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface away from flammable objects. Trim the wick to 6mm before lighting.
- Light the candle using a long-reach lighter or match. Let the wax melt evenly on the first burn for optimal fragrance. Never leave a burning candle unattended or near children or pets.
- To extinguish, use a snuffer or gently blow it out without splattering wax. Ensure the candle cools and the wax solidifies before relighting. Trim the wick if needed for a clean burn next time.
PERFUMER: SOPHIA GROJSMAN
In her Belarusian childhood, Sophia Grojsman, destined for perfumery greatness, frolicked through the garden, enraptured by the fragrant allure of roses and jasmine, often forsaking her toys in favor of nature’s scents. Armed with a chemistry degree, she set sail for New York, where her perfumery journey took flight within the hallowed halls of the IFF laboratories, mentored by the eminent American perfumer, Ernest Shiftan. Sophia Grojsman etched her name in fragrance history as a trailblazer. She pioneered a novel approach, reversing the traditional ingredient proportions in perfumes. Her innovative insight revealed that an excess of a particular element could propel it to the forefront of a fragrance’s structure, forever reshaping the art of perfumery.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.