One of knowledge and aesthetic pleasure, Opus XIV Royal Tobacco Eau de Parfum is a fragrant journey along the Tropic of Cancer from Oman to Cuba, connecting Royal Frankincense to Regal Tobacco. The perfume references the tradition of ‘El Lector’, whose role was to read to cigarmakers in Cuban factories, captivating them with riveting novels like Les Misérables by Victor Hugo and works by Honoré de Balzac, Stendhal, Edgar Allan Poe or Herman Melville until it became an honored ritual as synonymous with the rolling floor as the scent of tobacco. Interpreted by renowned perfumer Cécile Zarokian, a unique accord of Frankincense and Tobacco bursts alive in a novel and rich sensory experience.
Inspired by the omniscient allure of a library and mankind’s insatiable quest for knowledge, The Library Collection is a celebration of integrity, creativity, and virtuosity. A place where the soul leaves an imprint on the art of living, this collection of opuses proposes inventive perfumery, unthought-of accords, and always bold and unexpected scents to treasure.
- Top notes: Frankincense Oil, Elemi, Cardamom, Anise, Basil, Bergamot.
- Heart notes: Tobacco Absolute, Liquorice Root, Lavender, Prunol, Fenugreek, Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Rose.
- Base notes: Frankincense Resinoid, Peru Balsam, Benzoin, Labdanum, Myrrh, Birch Tar, Tonka Bean, Vanilla Madagascar, Vetiver, Guaiac Wood, Oud Assam, Musks.
- Perfumer: Cecile Zarokian.
- Eau de Parfum: Women, Men.
PERFUMER: CECILE ZAROKIAN
An ISIPCA alumnus, Cécile Zarokian trod her own path by becoming at 27 the youngest independent woman perfumer of our age. Her humility, curiosity and panartistic vision of her craft result in fragrances that offer a certain grandiloquence and Armenian homeliness.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.