Escentric 04 is very Geza Schoen. If you’re familiar with this perfumer’s work from Escentric Molecule and Anat Fritz to The Beautiful Mind series, then you’ll know we mean this as a compliment. Escentric 04 contains Schoen’s signature of turning heavy materials like woods into gauzy, air bound creations with the thoughtful use of modern synthetics like Iso E Super and Ambroxan. Unlike other perfumers who use these materials simply to boost radiance or projection, Schoen uses them as the main building blocks for entire perfumes—and Escentric 04 is evidence, once again, that he is brilliant at it.
For Escentric 04, Schoen has chosen to focus on synthetic sandalwood. Javanol is a powerfully radiant synthetic sandalwood, as is Polysantol, which is sweeter and creamier. Use too much of either and the scent can become loud and vulgar. But here, Schoen has woven a fizzing pink combo of grapefruit, rose, and pink pepper into the sandalwood, resulting in a light, creamy shimmer of woods that never overpowers. Hedione and ambroxan add a fresh, salty ‘whiteness’ that illuminates the woods from within. Nothing overdosed or harsh, just a perfect balance between sparkling fruit, roses, salt, flowers, creamy woods, and the spanking freshness of wet laundry. The ultimate summer “my skin but better” scent for both men and women.
- Top notes: Methyl Pamplemousse, Pink Grapefruit, Marijuana, Bergamot, Juniper Berry, Pink Pepper.
- Heart notes: Hedione (Green Jasmine Bud), Freesia, Osmanthus, Orris, Rose.
- Base notes: Iso E Super, Javanol, Mastic, Labdanum, Musk, Ambroxan, Castoreum, Vetiver.
- Perfumer: Geza Schoen.
- Eau de Toilette, Women, Men.
- Apply as desired, to pulse points behind your ear, at the bottom of your throat, on your wrist, inside your elbow and/or behind your knee.
Alcohol Denat, Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Benzyl Saliculate, Hydroxcitronellal, Linalool, Citranellol, Citral, Benzyl Benzonate, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.