“A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone’s feeling—unintentionally,” the quixotic Oscar Wilde once noted of the elite race of men who are shamelessly, unapologetically themselves and with perfect aplomb. They charm by their character, and please only those who are refined enough to receive them.
DARK LORD ‘EX TENEBRIS LUX’ is a gentleman of the night. Meet him in the most surprising of circumstances and his mystery slowly unfolds: A head-twisting mix of shadows and light, it seduces in seconds with its elegant, long-lasting accords of leather and strong vetiver, its jasmine drenched in rum, and a dandyish entrance of bergamot and pepper. From darkness, into light.
- Top notes: Bergamot, Pepper.
- Heart notes: Jasmine, Rum.
- Base notes: Leather, Vetiver.
- Eau de Parfum: Men.
- 50ml, Refillable.
- Each KILIAN bottle is transformed into a precious object. The black-lacquered flacon is engraved on its various sides with a ceramic fresco representing Achille’s shield and decorated with a silver plate, where the name of the fragrance has been carved manually.
- The bottle is kept under lock with a tasseled key in ablack lacquered wooden coffret. A smiling skull rises like a monument, illuminating a display of grim magnificence.
- Apply as desired, to pulse points behind your ear, at the bottom of your throat, on your wrist, inside your elbow and/or behind your knee.
Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum), Water/Aqua/Eau, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Citronellol, Geraniol, Farnesol, Isoeugenol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.
Alberto Morillas’ long and distinguished career began in 1970, when the young Seville native left the School of Beaux Arts in Geneva to join Firmenich. In the intervening years, Alberto has worked extensively in both niche and mainstream perfume, creating such beloved Luckyscent favorites as By Kilian’s Good Girl Gone Bad, Le Labo Vanille 44, and S-Perfume Classic, as well as mass market bestsellers like Bvlgari Blv, Giorgio Armani Aqua Di Gio For Women, Marc Jacobs Daisy and Calvin Klein CK One (with Harry Fremont). He received the prestigious Prix François Coty in 2003 and The Fragrance Foundation Lifetime Perfumer Award in 2013.
As a primarily self-trained perfumer, Morillas describes his creative style as spontaneous, often starting with the simple concept of a color or shape, refining as he goes along while taking infamously meticulous handwritten notes. He works equally with raw natural materials and new synthetics, preferring not to let any pre-determined ratios or rules limit his work. As the millions who’ve sampled his creations would surely agree, the results are extraordinary.
Heir to a long line of cognac makers who were pioneers in luxury, Kilian decided to take up the torch of family tradition. Creating a new luxury brand was definitely a challenge worthy of his predecessors. Many of Kilian’s fragrances today carry this childhood memory as they are reminiscent of the sugar in the alcohol and the wood of the cognac barrels.