On turbulent seas, an inescapably transient pirate ship braves black waters, leagues deep in mystery. Black Phantom “Memento Mori” reveals its hidden treasures to the curious nose in waves.
Rum accord from Martinique, akin to ‘pirates water’, spikes the scent of strong coffee at its heart, balanced by vetiver essence. A deadly bite of cyanide accord hides menacingly, like the smile from death itself. Smile back as sugar cane and dark, creamy sandalwood assures a trying journey holds a sweet reward.
- Key notes: Rum, Sugar Cane, Dark Chocolate, Coffee, Caramel, Almond, Heliotrope, Sandalwood.
- Eau de Parfum: Women, Men.
- Scents that transport are portable for travel with the 30ml refillable Travel Spray.
- Monolith engraved with our signature Achilles’ Shield, The Travel Spray is available as a box set with four 7.5ml vials of refill juice.
- Apply to entire body after bathing or showering, paying particular attention to dry knees and elbows.
Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum), Water/Aqua/Eau, Isoeugenol, Bht.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.
Childhood family vacations in the French countryside introduced Sidonie Lancesseur to the beauty of the scents of the natural world, and an internship in Grasse solidified her ambition to become a perfumer. After completing her studies at ISIPCA, she began work at Robertet, and was mentored by Michel Almairac. Known for her elegantly simple, natural-heavy fragrances, Lancesseur has been responsible for several very well-received niche fragrances, from By Kilian’s Straight to Heaven, to Frapin’s 1270 and L’humaniste, and Olfactive Studio’s Lumiere Blanche.
Heir to a long line of cognac makers who were pioneers in luxury, Kilian decided to take up the torch of family tradition. Creating a new luxury brand was definitely a challenge worthy of his predecessors. Many of Kilian’s fragrances today carry this childhood memory as they are reminiscent of the sugar in the alcohol and the wood of the cognac barrels.