The 1er Mai Candle embodies a timeless tradition in France, where lovers exchange delicate lily of the valley blooms on the first of May. These exquisite flowers, caught in the twilight between the scents of roses and jasmine, emanate a beguiling vegetal transparency, a true embodiment of the loveliness of spring and the enchantment of newfound love. In an extravagant flourish of creativity, Dominique Ropion, a master perfumer, has channeled his artistry to transform the subtle scent of a single stem into a lavish bouquet. With this fragrance, you’re not merely lighting a candle; you’re igniting a romantic journey that captures the essence of a cherished tradition, where love and nature entwine in an aromatic embrace.
Frédéric Malle’s candles, exemplified by the 1er Mai Candle, are more than just decorative pieces; they are vessels of sensory transformation. Each candle is meticulously crafted, with wax carefully tailored to complement the unique fragrance oil. This hand-poured wax surrounds a wick that burns with precision, all enclosed in a porcelain jar characterized by a minimalist design – a pristine white exterior contrasting with a vibrant red interior. When lit, these candles perform a magic of their own, turning any space into a sanctuary of warmth and comfort, your own personal refuge from the world.
With the 1er Mai Candle, you invite the cherished tradition of lily of the valley and the tender spirit of springtime romance into your home, creating a haven that resonates with the timeless beauty of love’s first blooms.
- Key notes: Lily of the Valley.
- Perfumer: Dominique Ropion.
- Burning time: 50 hours.
- Vegetal and tallow waxes are used in unique recipes to optimally diffuse each of our scents to their highest olfactory potential.
- Candle wicks should be trimmed on a regular basis to ensure they do not exceed 5mm.
- Scented Candle.
- 220g single-wick candle.
- Place the scented candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface away from flammable objects. Trim the wick to 6mm before lighting.
- Light the candle using a long-reach lighter or match. Let the wax melt evenly on the first burn for optimal fragrance. Never leave a burning candle unattended or near children or pets.
- To extinguish, use a snuffer or gently blow it out without splattering wax. Ensure the candle cools and the wax solidifies before relighting. Trim the wick if needed for a clean burn next time.
PERFUMER: DOMINIQUE ROPION
Dominique Ropion, a daring perfectionist and genuine innovator, fearlessly embraces risk in his olfactory creations. His pursuit of perfection is unwavering, always striving for an exact balance and flawless composition. Much like an architectural marvel, Ropion’s perfumes are constructed with finesse. He deftly harmonizes potent ingredients with precisely measured, subtler accords, creating a composition that appears effortlessly self-sustaining. Ropion’s mantra is that a great perfume should exude an inherent obviousness. In “The Portrait of a Lady,” he showcases his mastery, blending bold inventiveness with immaculate precision, resulting in a magnetic and timeless fragrance.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.